Saturday, January 7, 2017

#SaturdaySpotlight: America's Next Reality Star by Laura Heffernan aka @LH_Writes

AMERICA’S NEXT REALITY STAR

“Smart, witty, funny and really freaking good.”~
          Kerry Lonsdale, WSJ and Amazon best-selling author of Everything We Keep

SEEKING THE SMART ONE...

Twenty-four-year-old Jen Reid had her life in good shape: an okay job, a tiny-cute Seattle apartment, and a great boyfriend almost ready to get serious. In a flash, it all came apart. Single, unemployed, and holding an eviction notice, who has time to remember trying out for a reality show? Then the call comes, and Jen sees her chance to start over—by spending her summer on national TV.

Luckily The Fishbowl is all about puzzles and games, the kind of thing Jen would love even if she wasn’t desperate. The cast checks all the boxes: cheerful, quirky Birdie speaks in hashtags; vicious Ariana knows just how to pout for the cameras and corn-fed “J-dawg” plays the cartoon villain of the house. Then there’s Justin, the green-eyed law student who always seems a breath away from kissing her. Is their attraction real, or a trick to get him closer to the $250,000 grand prize? Romance or showmance, suddenly Jen has a lot more to lose than a summer . . .

Excerpt:
Five hours, eleven shopping bags, one makeover, and a couple hundred dollars later, I transferred my purchases from shopping bags to my suitcase.
            I’d gotten some new jeans (no visible logos!), shorts, two swimsuits, a cover-up, several T-shirts and tank tops, a glittery green evening gown, and workout clothes. I’d spent more than I could afford, but almost a grand less than if I’d paid retail. Plus, the clothes were an investment in my future. I’d also begged a lot of makeup samples off the salesgirl at Sephora, telling her I was going on TV. That saved me close to a hundred bucks.
            Looking good boosted my confidence. Confidence would make people want to vote for me. I needed votes if I wanted to win. And I was going to win.

Buy links:


Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to check out Laura's website at www.lauraheffernan.com
And you can follow her on Twitter @LH_Writes. She's always got something going on....


No comments: