Put your hands together for PAT ESDEN who's here to share her Christmas Confessions. She is an antique-dealing florist by trade. She’s also a member of Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America, Romance Writers of America, and the League of Vermont Writers. Her short stories have appeared in a number of publications, including Orson Scott Card’s Intergalactic Medicine Show, the Mythopoeic Society’s Mythic Circle literary magazine, and George H. Scither’s anthology Cat Tales.
The first two books in her Dark Heart series, A HOLD ON ME and BEYOND YOUR TOUCH are available from Kensington Books. REACH FOR YOU (book #3 Dark Heart series) is coming in June 2017.
1. I always buy licorice all sorts at Christmas because they remind me of the holidays and sneaking way too many of them when I was a little girl.
2. In my opinion, Christmas fruitcake should be used as indestructible highway pavement .
3. I better get up Christmas morning and find a beautifully wrapped vintage Christmas ornament under the tree or else.
4. I think most Christmas movies are wonderful (and tear-inducing) and my favorite is How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966 version with Boris Karloff).
5. My Christmas dinner is usually a feast and my favorite dish is baked scallops and I’ll be drinking sparkling cider.
BEYOND YOUR TOUCH (Dark Heart series book 2)
She wants more than he can promise.
His desires could lead to betrayal.
But without each other, neither can survive the dangers ahead.
Annie Freemont knows this isn’t the right time to get involved with a man like Chase. After years of distrust, she’s finally drawing close to her estranged family, and he’s an employee on their estate in Maine. Though she never intended to stay on the estate for long, her father’s illness and the mysteries surrounding her family made leaving impossible. And now with the newfound hope of rescuing her long-missing mother, Annie’s determined to be involved with the family’s plans one way or another.
If only she could keep her mind off Chase and focus on the impending rescue. But there’s something about the enigmatic Chase that she can’t resist. And she’s not the only woman. Annie fears a seductive stranger who is key to safely freeing her mother is also obsessed with him. As plans transform into action and time for a treacherous journey into a strange world draws near, every move Annie makes will test the one bond she’s trusted with her secrets, her desires—and her heart.
Pat Esden's AuthorLinks