Monday, June 22, 2015

Life Is How You Live It: June 22nd Update

Here's this week's update on my life and how I'm living it! How's yours? 

Current Work-In-Progress: TO LOSE A LADY

This is book two of my French Quarter Brides series. I started the first draft around May 28th. I currently have about 33,000 words written. It is going to be around 75, 000 words, at least. I just love this story. It is so emotional and I wonder if I will be able to convey that on paper. Rafe and Simone are great characters to write. When I was writing TO SAVE A LADY, I thought the next book would be Bonnard’s book. Then toward the end, everything shifted toward Rafe and Simone. Especially Rafe, who just appeared out of nowhere when I was writing a scene with Jesse in Book One. When he came on stage, I knew I had to write his story.

Compared to the first book, TO LOSE A LADY, which begins on the same night Book One ends, has few true historical events taking place and they don’t shape the plot like they did in the first book. There was a victory pageant held on Jackson Square (Place d’Armes in 1815) that I incorporated into a scene with Rafe and Simone.  

Now for other stuff:

Summer has arrived and the humidity in Mississippi will cause you to break out in a sweat once you step outside. All in all, I love summer even with the sweat!

I’m cleaning carpets. You know, for a while, I’m lost in romantic old New Orleans and townhouses with weeping ferns and courtyards. Then I have to get up and drag out the steam cleaner. A writer’s life. Well, it is exercise.

Song discovery for this week:  Blank Space by the Brooklyn Duo.  I love music, especially instrumental music. This was a song I heard on Pandora, so I added it to my Rhapsody playlist for TLAL.

Reading LOST CITIES, 50 Discoveries in World Archaeology.

Can’t say I’ve seen any stellar movies lately. I did win a copy of American Sniper on a blog contest. It was a good movie. I mean I was thinking Clint Eastwood made this movie and how old is he? Like almost a 100? We all have hope!



No comments: