Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Why Starting a New Book is Fun!

After two months of getting stuff done around here, which included having a yard sale, I am finally settling into writing a new book. It is the second historical in my French Quarter Brides series. The characters have been haunting me for a few months. Saying write our story! But I was busy writing another book. Unfortunately, there is only one of me and I can only get so much done. I did get the other book done, which is a contemporary romantic novel that I'm marketing at the present.

So, with that book gone, it was time to start on a new project. Last night, I sat down to work on the storyboard. Once I got started, I couldn't stop. I finally made myself quit at midnight. The fun thing about starting a new story for me is the discovery process. Having the story unfold in my mind and the characters take on a life of their own is so exciting. I had several of those "OMG that is so good!" moments. Of course, during the writing and revising process, I have less of those moments and more like "That's gotta go!" 

Still the initial excitement with a story is what makes writing worthwhile. Those little moments of glory when it comes alive in my heart and I know as a storyteller that I have to write this book. That's why starting a new book is fun! It is also a good way to get yourself back on track if you find yourself not wanting to write. Start something new. That will work

Now, I have to go and do some research, name a couple of extra characters, and make other decisions that are not so exciting like writing goals, which I will share on the blog.


No comments: