Saturday, January 3, 2015

Weekend Writing Warriors Jan 4: To Save a Lady #7

Happy 2015!  Thanks for joining me and the other writers participating in Weekend Writing Warriors and Sunday Snippets as a new year begins. 

Here we go:  

The snippet is from TO SAVE A LADY. Jesse and Elise are having dinner together for the first time and Jesse has brought along some pralines since he knows that Elise loves pralines. Who doesn't? And pralines don't get any better than those made in the French Quarter especially at Southern Candymakers.

       The list of things he found attractive about her grew longer. 
        She set aside her empty wineglass and reached for a praline. "It is a sin to indulge one's self too much."
        "I wouldn't know," he said. "I haven't indulged myself in a while."
        She pushed the dish of pralines toward him. "Indulge yourself."
        "Pralines weren't exactly what I had in mind, " he murmured and took a bite of the confection.

You can find other writers and links to their work at http://www.wewriwa.com/  and also at Snippet Sunday on Facebook. Or look for the hashtags #8Sunday & #SnippetSunday on Twitter. 



Read Blurb and Chapter 1:  www.frenchquarterbrides.blogspot.com

Available on Amazon: http://amzn.to/1tz2HIq

17 comments:

Cecilia Corona said...

What a sensual scene! Love the flirting. Great snippet this week.

Elaine Cantrell said...

Nicely done. The flirting is just right. I just read Yard Sale and enjoyed it.

P.T.Wyant said...

I was going to say it was a sweet scene but the unintentional pun made me wince, so I'm just going to say that I truly enjoyed it.

Patricia Preston said...

PT: Glad you stopped by.

Patricia Preston said...

Cecilia: They do a lot of flirting with each other. Sorta like a mating ritual. LOL!

Patricia Preston said...

Elaine: Happy New Year!! Glad you liked my flirting couple. And I'm more excited that you read "The Yard Sale." I think that has been one of the most popular things I've ever written. A shorter version made the finals in several SS contests. I've actually had a number of yard sales and my cousin was a yard sale queen. I drew on those experiences. LOL!

Frank C. Etier said...

Sounds like a real Southern gentleman to me! LOL

Chelle Cordero said...

A lady ought to be careful what she is inviting a man to do, lol. Love the innuendo. Nice tension there. Great snippet.

Charmaine Gordon said...

Pralines can bring you to your knees. Exceptional snippet.

Sarah W said...

This is a terrific example of the Art of Flirtation, Patricia!

It's both subtle and . . . not. :)

My SIL sent us some southern pralines for Christmas this year--so, so good!

Emmy Gatrell said...

Love the tension. I bet she blushed... Great snippet!

Michelle Howard said...

I love a well done flirt dialogue. great snippet

Charley Descoteaux said...

Nice flirty snippet! :)

JTsuruoka said...

Good stuff. I love the irony in the first about it being a sin... You've got a lot going on between the lines here.

Veronica Scott said...

OOh, I liked it and I could totally visualize the way he probably uttered that last comment of his. Sexy. Great snippet!

Patricia Preston said...

Glad everyone enjoyed this week's snippet! Jesse does get to indulge himself but it is much later in the book! :)

Kate Warren said...

Fun eight! I bet I know what he does have in mind.