Saturday, December 13, 2014

Weekend Writing Warriors Dec 14th: To Save A Lady #5

Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors where writers share an 8-sentence snippet from one of their stories. It's a great way to find new authors and great books.

My snippet this week is from To Save a Lady, a historical romance set in 1814 in New Orleans.

Set up: Jesse confronts Elise about her true identity when she tells him that Rose is a spy's ruse. 

Jesse kept a firm grip on her arm. “I’m leaving for Fort Saint John at daybreak, but when I return, we will meet again and you will tell me the truth. Otherwise, I’ll get the truth from Louis Beauvais. Have I made myself clear?”
“Very clear.” She understood he wasn’t making an empty threat.
He released her arm and she smoothed her hand over her skirt.
“There is one thing you should know, Capitaine,” she spoke softly before she turned to go, “you will not like the truth.”



A dashing captain, a daring lady’s maid, a moonlit courtyard, and a story filled with romance and intrigue. Plus pralines, duels, the pirate Jean Lafitte, traitors, one devious villain, a lost boy, a stormy general, and a historic city on the brink of war.

Amazon Buy Link: http://amzn.to/1tz2HIq

Win a fleur de lis necklace! Subscribe to my newsletter to enter the drawing on Dec 23rd. 

Do check out the other authors at http://www.wewriwa.com/

Come back tomorrow for a great eggnog recipe from Tina Gayle! Yum!


Wishing you happy holidays!! 


22 comments:

Aheila said...

I like how she gets the last word and hits him where it hurts by tapping into his unsatisfied curiosity. Nice little power play here!

Iris Blobel said...

that was my first thought that she had the last word in this brief conversation.

Cecilia Corona said...

Love how she has the last word. I'm a girl who can relate on wanting the last word. Great snippet.

Jennifer Reynolds said...

Great snippet. :) Love a strong woman.

Patricia Preston said...

Ahelia: You are so right! The next chapter is him going nuts to figure out what she meant. LOL.

Patricia Preston said...

Iris, Jennifer & Cecilia: Loved writing that last line. It's how the chapter ends.

P.T.Wyant said...

Great last line!

Jess Schira said...

Great interaction between the two characters!

Sarah W said...

I love a good intrigue -- and a good last line, too!

I think it does a male MC good to be driven crazy once in a while. ;)

Frank Fisher said...

I pictured myself as the Capitaine; I don't think I'd like the truth either. :-O

Emmy Gatrell said...

What's the truth? Can't wait to find out. Awesome snippet, really intriguing!

Victoria Adams said...

Love a woman who gets the last word in and especially a good line like that.

Charmaine Gordon said...

We are one with 'the last word'. Super cool snippet!

Linda said...

It seems that he has no idea what he is asking for. I wonder if it's not better to leave him figure it out by himself.

Veronica Scott said...

Well he may not like the truth but it's probably better for him to know it! Excellent excerpt, I could really visualize your heroine...

Lorien Lyn said...

Fantastic cliffhanger and interaction. Now I want to know what's the truth. :)

Millie Burns said...

Love her last words...well done.

Amalie Cantor said...

Very intriguing! I'm a sucker for a woman who can keep her head (and her secrets). Thanks so much for sharing!

Suz said...

Love historical romance and this series has a great premie. good luck!

Suzie Quint said...

That's a lot of truth talking.

Patricia Preston said...

Hey All! So happy you stopped by and liked the snippet. A girl's gotta get in the last word!

E.E. Giorgi said...

oooh, that's a great reply! you left us on a clever cliff hanger!