Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Last Days of Autumn


Here is what autumn looks like in my part of the country today. It was a warm, sunny day and I got out on the road. As you can see, there was practically no traffic so it was easy to stop and take pictures along the way.

Winter is heading our way later this week and by next week, most all the leaves will be gone. It will be time to settle in for the cold. That's not all bad. There are a few things I look forward to in cold weather. Such as making hot cocoa. I also love to burn candles. This past weekend I put out candles in the house because I like the glow and the warmth they produce. And, winter is always a great time to get caught up on reading and I've got a ton of books in my Kindle. Plus, I have a couple of books I need to get finished up.

It's looking like winter will be a busy time! But I'll make time for fun, too.

2 comments:

Melinda Jane Harrison said...

Looks like a great drive! Glad you had fun. Hugs.

Patricia Preston said...

I have enjoyed this fall!