Friday, November 28, 2014

A Lazy Black Friday

I stayed home all day today, avoiding crowds, fights and people driving stupid. I've actually been over at Amazon looking at the deals and I have a couple of movies in my shopping cart. That is the extent of my Black Friday shopping this year.

I wish I could say I had a lazy day but I got started organizing and deleting files in my computer. It actually took all day to go through picture files and then document files. I made new folders and reorganized a lot of stuff. I had photos and documents I had forgotten all about.

There's nothing like getting stuff organized. I've worked on my house for the past couple of weeks, getting rid of clutter and excess. Things are looking pretty good right now and it will probably stay good through the winter. Over the past year, I've made an effort not to buy anything that wasn't necessary because I already have a houseful of stuff, plus a storage shed that's full, too.

I plan to get started on the final revision of my next book, a contemporary romance, which I hope to have finished by January. Then, I'm going to begin Rafe and Simone's story, To Lose a Lady, and I know that is going to be exciting. I can't wait!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and Black Friday! Now for Christmas...

3 comments:

Melinda Jane Harrison said...

Sounds like you had a good day and great plans forthcoming! We never got into Wal-Mart. It was full. I mean when we got there, no parking, no getting into the lot! I never seen so many people in my entire life. And we got there at 4:30 Thanksgiving Day. It was unreal. So we went over to another store and stood in line an hour! Then we went to Penny's and that was another hour. We went back to Wal-Mart and you could not even turn in there. Never seen anything like it ever, and I go every year.

Melinda Jane Harrison said...

I am online trying to shop now!

Patricia Preston said...

I wondered how things went with your shopping!! I haven't been out in 2 days now. But I did get one of the Black Friday specials on Amazon.