Saturday, August 16, 2014

Staggering Back to the Blog

I have let the blog slide for the past few months. Actually, life has been pretty busy for me, and in a good way most of the time. I went to Texas to visit my son and family. They are all great I'm happy to say. Twins are cute as ever.

After returning home and recuperating from a respiratory virus that I'm sure I caught on the jet (Did I mention I hate the Houston airport?), I left my full-time job. No tears were shed there! I still work a few hours a week. Yet, I feel like a bird that had found a way to open the cage door. The words, free at last, took on new meaning! LOL!! 

What can I say but that the past two months have been great but I have actually worked harder than ever. I spent June and July writing a new contemporary romance, which is the first book in my Lafayette Falls series. Right now, it is what I call cold storage. I always like to let a book get cold before I start editing it.

I also have my historical romance, To Save A Lady, finished at long last. I loved writing it as it has always been one of those stories that I just wanted to tell. Now, I can't wait to write the second book in this series. I'm hoping to have it available by November.

Fall is near and that is my favorite time of year. Have a couple of little day trips planned while the weather is nice. What do you plan to do this fall? 

Have a great day! 

2 comments:

Reina M. Williams said...

What cuties! And congrats on your job change, Seems your readers win too--yay! :)

Patricia Preston said...

Thanks Reina!! Hope you are doing well too!