Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Cake in a Cup: The Three Minute Dessert

Do you like hot fudge cake?  Or pineapple upside-down cake? Or any flavor for that matter? Would you like to make a super-easy dessert to go with your meal in less than three minutes? If so, follow these directions.

You will need 1 box of angel food cake mix and 1 box of regular cake mix (any flavor). For this post, I am using dark chocolate cake mix as well as pineapple.  You need to blend the dry contents of the angel food cake mix with the regular cake mix. Store this mix in a plastic container or bag. It is ready-to-use.

Next, you will need a round dish or coffee mug.  I use the red mug in the picture. DO NOT use any cooking spray or Crisco in cup.

To make hot fudge cake, I squirted fudge syrup in the bottom of the cup. For pineapple upside-down cake, I sprinkled brown sugar in the bottom of cup and topped with pineapple tidbits. You can make just plain cake and top it with fruit or whatever you want after cooking.


You mix 3 tablespoons of dry cake mix and 2 tablespoons water together. Stir and pour the mix into the cup. I poured the mix over the chocolate syrup.

Microwave for 1 minute!  That's it!


 Flip cup over onto plate. The fudge syrup will be hot and run all over the cake. So top with a scoop of ice cream and a strawberry.  It is delicious. See photo for pineapple upside-down cake. Tastes just as good as anything from a bakery. I was totally shocked by this when I first tried it.



Very easy and quick. You'll have enough mix to make dozens of these. If you don't add a topping to your cake, there is very few calories in it.  I have strawberry cake mix that I am going to try with no topping in the cup. Then, add fresh strawberries on top afterward the cake is cooked.

6 comments:

Crystal Lee said...

How cool! Sounds yummy, especially the chocolate cake in a cup!

Patricia Preston said...

It is really good. I was surprised when I tried it.

Donna said...

YUM!!! Decadent!
Hope your back is feeling better today Pat!!
hughugs

Reina M. Williams said...

Sounds so easy and tasty! Thanks for sharing!

Patricia Preston said...

Reina:I didn't think it would work. A gal at work gave me the recipe. Actually, every one I've made tastes great. I did try butter cake mix with peaches on top. Very good too.

Kate Warren said...

We'll definitely be trying this at my house. The kids will love it.