Tuesday, February 5, 2013

From My Old Recipe Box: Chocolate Gravy

Who doesn't love chocolate gravy poured over hot biscuits in the winter?  Has there ever been a better comfort food. Not for me. Loved it all my life!

I've never actually used a recipe to make it.

I mix together equal amounts of sugar and dry cocoa.  Most of the time I used about 2 tablespoons of chocolate and the same of sugar. I taste a bit to see if the chocolate tastes sweet enough. If not, you can add a little more sugar. Then, I add flour. I like my chocolate gravy thick so I'll use 2-3 tablespoons flour. Mix. Add a pinch of salt.
I heat about a half-cup of milk and add chocolate mix. Cook on med-high, stirring constantly until thickens as desired. You can always add more milk to thin gravy. Remove from heat. I always add a slice of butter and let it melt over the top.

Grab you some hot biscuits and enjoy this treat!

No comments: