Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving Week!


Thanksgiving week is here! I hope it is a safe and happy week in your neighborhood. I am beginning to believe Black Friday may be a bigger event than Thanksgiving. I saw on TV where people were already camping out in front of stores.

I have to say there has never been any bargains (and I love clearance sales) that I would camp out for 4 days in advance of the sale.

Of course this is a great time for getting good buys and I've gotten a few lately. Over the past few weeks, I have been very busy getting things done around my house. I guess you could call it fall cleaning. Mostly, I've been working in the kitchen on the weekends. While I was at it, I decided to get new curtains.I bought a red valance for my kitchen window from Amazon. Never bought curtains online before but I couldn't find a solid red valance in the local stores.

The curtains from Nancy's Nook were great! They were the right color. A brick red and they were scalloped-hem, which was very nice and they were lined as well. I was surprised. Also, the price was great. Less than $20.

I really lucked up this past Sunday. I had been looking for a new microwave for months and I found a Kenmore microwave in red that I wanted. I waiting for a good deal on it and this weekend I got it for half price in a pre-Black Friday sale. I'm hoping to get it set up this weekend. Plus I got a blender for half-price.

I'd really love to find a great buy on a bread machine. So I'll be checking out Amazon. They have already started Black Friday week and the sales look great. If you like magazines, they've got subscriptions for $5 a year available.

Have you found any good deals lately?


1 comment:

BECKY said...

Hi Patricia! Oooh, I love the idea of a red microwave! It wouldn't actually go in MY kitchen, but I've seen all the gorgeous colors of different small appliances. I "sort of" found a really good deal at Home Goods....one of my FAVORITE stores! I bought a beautiful large decorative plate for $4.50 (very inexpensive even for Home Goods!) but after I got home, realized it has a couple of small chips in it. I'm pretty sure I can repair it, though! Have a perfectly wonderful Thanksgiving, and thanks so much for stopping at my blog! Hugs!