Saturday, September 29, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday 9/30

Decided to use another snippet from my current WIP, "Haints in Hollywood." This one features Darlene and Richie again. They are on the road. Richie is driving, Tommy Ray is asleep on the passenger's side and Darlene is in the backseat of her '49 Dodge, feeling wired over her good fortune.

            I splayed my fingers over the money in the bottom of my purse and let out a whoop.
Richie glanced in the rear-view mirror. “You okay?”
            “I wish there was a roadhouse around here. I could tear up a dance floor right now.”
            “We ain’t stopping at no roadhouses cause every time me and Tommy Ray go to one of them places, we get our asses kicked.”

You can find more authors at www.sixsunday.com  (Note: some snippets may be suitable for adults only.) Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate your comments!  Hope you have a great week!

18 comments:

Rinelle Grey said...

LOL, I love the personalities evident in this snip. Hard to get into such a short excerpt, so doubly impressive.

K.E. Saxon said...

What great insight into the characters with this small little snippet. And FUNNY! I love your stories!!!! (Oh! And great six, btw =D)

Jessica Subject said...

LOL That's funny. At least he knows better. :)

Virginia Kelly said...

Very nice, great six that tell us so much about your characters.

Patricia Preston said...

Glad everyone has enjoyed the post!

Veronica Scott said...

Your characters are such interesting, fun, REAL people - love your stories, great six!

BECKY said...

Good one! I'd like to read more about Richie, Tommy Ray, and Darlene! :)

Sue Ann Bowling said...

Interesting trio.

stephanielawton.com said...

Haha! Love it! Great voice and visuals.

kristalbaird said...

Now that, I'd kind of like to see...

Susanna Fraser said...

What a fun six!

Dana Mason said...

LOL! Nice six. Got a good chuckle out of me. At least he knows his boundaries.

Teresa Cypher said...

lol! I wasn't expecting that last sentence. Brilliant, Patricia. :-)

Jennifer Wilck said...

Great dialog! Love the six.

Pat Trainum aka P. T. Bradley said...

Can't wait to read the rest of the story!

Patricia Preston said...

So glad everyone has found the snippet fun! Thanks for stopping by!

Donna Cummings said...

I love these characters. LOL And I love that Darlene's the ringleader. I can imagine those guys would get their asses kicked often. :)

Carrie Crain said...

I love these names. This scene is cute. Darlene is pure awesome!