Saturday, September 22, 2012

Beautiful Day To Begin Autumn 2012

Today has been a beautiful day. I sat outside in the shade for a while this morning and did nothing but enjoy the breeze. Last Saturday I was in New Orleans, strolling around the French Quarters. It was a good trip, despite the oppressive heat. I was happy that I got to see the places I had on my research list. For me, it helped me visualize my story setting better. We did eat at some great restaurants. I fell in love with beignets and I am going to try to make some from the mix I bought. I may post about that experiment. I did get some pralines, too.  My heroine in Lady Silver loves pralines. She is not alone!  They are so good but very rich so I usually can only eat a little at a time.  I am going to include a few of my New Orleans photos with this post:
St. Louis Cathedral, Ursuline Convent, Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop, Mississippi River Walk, Napoleon House,
French Quarters, Chalmette Battlefield, Jackson Square Artists.








Hope you are enjoying the weekend!

No comments: