Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Next Big Thing Challenge


Kate Warren has tagged me to participate in The Next Big Thing blog challenge.  Here's how it works:

First: Answer the 10 questions below.
Then:  Spread the fun and tag 5 more awesome people to participate.
It's also nice to link back to the person

1.  What is the title of your  book / WIP?

“The Yard Sale”

2.    Where did the idea of this book come  from?

It came from all the yard sales that I have had as well as my mother and my cousin who loved yard sales. They have both passed away now but a lot of the remarks Gail makes were things I recall them saying. It was great fun writing it.

3. What genre would your book fall under?

Humorous Southern Short Story.  Is that a genre?  I don’t think so but that’s what the story is.

 4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

 Jennifer could be portrayed by Reece Witherspoon, who has the right look and accent. Susan Sarandon would make a perfect Gail. Buddy: maybe John Goodman. Gabriel: Jared P from Supernatural. Bucky Sue: Honey Boo Boo Child. Bwahahaa!

 5. What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?

Jennifer Riley hopes to finance her “fresh start in life” by having a yard sale.

 6. Is your book published or represented?

It’s for sale on Amazon and has been on the best seller list in comedy since its publication.  Don’t ask me how that happened ‘cause I don’t know.

7. How long did it take you to write  it?

I revised a shorter version and I guess it was about five to six weeks rewriting and polishing.

8. What other books in your genre would you compare it to?

None that I can think of.
  
 9. Which authors inspired you to write this book?

Ben Wallace and Susan Hatler because they had both published fun, commercial short stories successfully on Amazon.

 10. Tell us anything else that might pique our interest in your book.

If you are looking for a short read that doesn’t take itself seriously, this is it.  And, it comes with a happy ending. None of that literary crap where you wonder what the hell when you get to the end. You know what I mean?

 The Five Awesome Fiction Authors I'm Tagging Include:

3 comments:

Pat Trainum aka P. T. Bradley said...

"The Yard Sale" is absolutely one of the best short stories I've ever read.
Thanks for the tag. Now I'll have to write a blog post. lol

Kate Warren said...

Great to learn more about "The Yard Sale." I'm looking forward to reading it.

Patricia Preston said...

Thanks for the compliments!