Saturday, July 14, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday July 15


Switching gears today from humor to romance. This snippet is from  my current WIP, The Baby Left Behind, a contemporary romance featuring a doctor hero and the heroine, who is the aunt of an abandoned baby boy.


 Right now, this is how the book opens. That may change as I work on it. You know how that goes!

       He was nobody's baby.  A tiny infant down on his luck. He had come into this world too early.  Born amid chaos. 
      A late-afternoon collision on Interstate Forty involved two buses, filled with band students on a field trip, seven other vehicles, and an oil tanker.  Sixty-three victims created a disaster scenario for DeSoto Springs Medical Center.

Thanks for stopping by and your comments are appreciated!  Check out other snippets at www.sixsunday.com   
Hope you have a great week!

13 comments:

Jessica Subject said...

Wow, very moving. Makes me want more. Great six! :)

Kate Warren said...

Oh that poor baby! How does his aunt find him? More please!

Donna Cummings said...

*sniff* I'm worried about this baby now! Although since it's a romance, I know it'll be fine. Great opening.

K.E. Saxon said...

Great intro! (I assume we're in the hero's POV?). Nice intro to him, as well. This sounds like an awesome story, can't wait to read more!

Sandra Sookoo said...

Nice set up!

Carrie Crain (Wildcat's Wife) said...

I'm gonna cry. What an emotionally good hook!

Sue Ann Bowling said...

Beautiful setup. But is abandoned the right word, if the baby was born into the accident?

Maryellen said...

makes my heart hurt for this infant!! Interesting opening :)

Veronica Scott said...

Awww, the poor baby - great opening, pulled me right in. Terrific six, can't wait to read more.

Patricia Preston said...

Been a long day trying to get everything done before going back to work tomorrow. Thanks to all who have stopped by! Love the remarks! I may keep this opening.

Vivien Jackson said...

Yanked me right into the story. As an aunt, I can imagine getting that call. Terrifying and compelling. I am very much looking forward to reading more of this!

Jenna said...

Yes, this opening just yanks you into the story and twists your heart. Can't wait to read more of this!

Jess Schira said...

Poor little guy. That's a rough way to start life.