Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Made in the USA: Brands to Buy

Yesterday, I got an email about how many products, including food products, are now imported. The email was urging buyers to buy everyday products that are made in the USA. I started checking labels of products that I already have at home to share with you. If you are like me, when I'm shopping, I'm usually short on time and don't look at the label.

The products in the picture are all labeled Made in USA.

Citrus Magic: air freshener
Curel: my favorite hand lotion
Tresemme and John Freda: hair-styling products

 I am assuming all products by these brands are probably made in the USA. I was disappointed not to find a point of origin on several top brand products I have in the house. They read "distributed by" but not where they came from. I will feature them in a future post.

As I keep checking products around my house, I will continue to share brands so the next time you are shopping and need to pick up a product, you know ahead of time it was made in our country. Or, at least, so the label says. And, if you have some Made in USA brands you want to share, please leave a comment.

1 comment:

Reina M. Williams said...

I love Okabashi sandals, which are made near Atlanta, I believe. I have six pairs of their flip-flops, which are comfortable, washable and recyclable. I try to buy especially food locally, and some soaps and things. I also use Burts Bees, especially their lip shimmers are great, and Nature's Gate lotion...Neutrogena for face is made in USA as well. We even just bought new bunk beds via Amazon which were made in the US! Also, the Lehman's catalog has a lot of USA made products, partly catering to Amish...I've bought some durable and practical kitchen tools from them. :)