Saturday, June 9, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday: June 10 Lady Silver

This week I'm featuring a snippet from my next historical, Lady Silver. I hope to have it available by the end of July. Set in old New Orleans, it features a servant girl turned spy and an American captain during the eve of the Battle of New Orleans. It has all my favorite things: New Orleans, adventure, humor, romance, danger, clandestine courtyard meetings!  Woo Hoo!

In Chapter 1, the French heroine, Nicole, is putting on the mask she wears when she meets with the captain and reassuring a friend she will be safe.


“Do not worry about me.” She reached for the silver half mask on the dressing table. A filigree band of crystalline gemstones trimmed the outer edge of the mask. Their prisms winked in the candlelight. It was a flirty mask meant to be worn in a ballroom by a lady. Not by a servant girl on a secret mission


Thanks for stopping by and your comments are appreciated.

Check out other authors at www.sixsunday.com or hashtag #sixsunday. Note: some posts are not suitable for those under 18.


13 comments:

Jessica Subject said...

Nice description. An intriguing six! :-)

Lisa Fox said...

That sounds like a beautiful mask!

K.E. Saxon said...

Oh, yeah! Love this story already. Totally drawn to the time period and place, too. The first thing that popped into my head when I read what the story was about was the song line "In 1814 we took a little trip along with col. jackson down the mighty mississip" LOL! I'm probably going to be singing that ALL DAY now! Totally great six, Patricia. I WANT TO READ MORE!!

Donna Cummings said...

I love New Orleans, and this sounds like it'll be a fun story. I'm already intrigued!

Patricia Preston said...

KE: LOL!! I love that song!

Patricia Preston said...

Donna: I could write historicals set in New Orleans forever and be happy.

Wildcat's Wife said...

WOW! I will definitely check this book out. I am drawn to spies and romance. I love how she's hiding behind such a sensual mask.

Virginia Kelly said...

Yes! Very nice 6.

Kate said...

Ok, so if she's a servant, where did she get such a mask? Very intriguing. Great six!

Veronica Scott said...

Love the description of the mask - I want one! This story has all the right ingredients to be terrific so I can't wait to read more. Terrific six!

Jenna said...

Love the description! Can't wait for this to come out! I love the set-up!

Patricia Preston said...

Thanks for the great comments! Glad everyone is intrigued by the mask!

Amy Gregory said...

Ah I can just picture it!!! :) Sounds fabulous!