Saturday, June 23, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday June 24 "Laid to Rest"

Great news! As of this writing, "Laid to Rest" is #4 on the Amazon Best Sellers List in Comedy and the #1 Hot New Release. Darlene, Richie and Tommy Ray are rocking it!

And, they would not be there at all if not for their Six Sentence Sunday fans whose encouragement helped make their story possible. Otherwise, their creator would have probably given up on them!

This little snippet of dialogue plays out while Darlene and Tommy Ray are dressing the mayor's corpse. Darlene, who is the narrator of the story, considers herself positive and enterprising while the complete opposite of her personality is Richie, who complains all the time.

         “You see, I think positive and I’m enterprising. You have to be enterprising if you’re gonna get anywhere in this world.”
            Tommy Ray looked at Richie in the way that only Tommy Ray could look at someone. “We need to be enterprising like Darlene.”
            “Tommy, I’m sitting here, holding a dead body. If this is enterprising, I don’t want none of it.”

"Laid to Rest" is available on Amazon for 99 cents. http://amzn.to/LLHoPy
Thanks for stopping by!  Please check out other writers at www.sixsunday. com or #sixsunday on Twitter. Not all snippets are suitable for those under 18.

21 comments:

Lisa Fox said...

Lol! I wouldn't want to be enterprising either.

Jessica Subject said...

LOL I didn't expect that, but it definitely caught my attention. :)

elaine cantrell said...

I wouldn't want any part of it either.

Sandra Sookoo said...

lol nice!

S. J. Maylee said...

Agreed, I'm not even sure I could hold the dead body *shivers*
I'm loving the flow of the dialogue. Fab 6

Elin Gregory said...

It's a necessary job but I don' think I'd want to do it. Great scenario for a story, though. :)

K.E. Saxon said...

What. A. Hoot! This SOOOO deserves that fabbo placement in the ranks. Great six, and CONGRATS!!!

Veronica Scott said...

Umm, not exactly my idea of enterprising either, as others have said,LOL, but it works in the flow of the story for sure! Terrific six!

Jessica K said...

Very funny! Congrats on the Amazon success!

Eleri Stone said...

LOL. Oh, Tommy Ray.

Sue Ann Bowling said...

I don't think I'd want to be enterprising while holding a dead body, either.

Dee Carney said...

LOL!! Loved that!

Paula Martin said...

Great dialogue!

Pippa Jay said...

The dialogue made me smile. :)

Amy said...

Love this six! Such humor in such a serious situation. And GREAT cover!

Kate Warren said...

Funny six!

Patricia Preston said...

Thanks everyone for your support! Glad you enjoyed the snippet and I hope to do another one next week if I don't go out-of-town.

Lila Shaw said...

LOL...enterprising with a dead body, erm, don't think I even want to imagine as it conjures up visions of Weekend at Bernies. LOL Congrats on the ranking!

Donna Cummings said...

This is great. :) And congrats on your wonderful rankings! I can't wait to read more.

J.M. Blackman said...

This is just the kind of "enterprising" that lands one at the number 1 spot for Hot New Releases. ;) Love the comedy. Fun dialogue. Congrats on your numbers! You characters can only rock it 'cause their creator is so bomb-digity.

Sarah Ballance said...

This is *brilliant* - I love your voice!