Saturday, June 16, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday Jun 17 "Laid to Rest"

Here's a sneak peek at the cover for "Laid to Rest." It is coming soon. The story, set in 1957, features Darlene, Richie and Tommy Ray. A long time ago, I did some SSS posts featuring these characters and it was the great response from the participants and from my friends that kept me from giving up on this story.

Once I changed POV and made Darlene the narrator, it came together and now it is finished. I'm very excited about cover featuring Darlene, the star of the story. Hats off to designer, Patty Wallace, for this fun cover.

Here are six sentences from "Laid to Rest," featuring  Darlene, whose dream is get to Hollywood and  to become a movie star like her idol, Marilyn Monroe.

Mentally, I summoned up an image of Tyrone Power, one of the best-looking men ever born. Tyrone, Tyrone, Tyrone. All I had to do was imagine that I was filming a love scene with Tyrone. What could I say? I had always been enterprising, especially in dire situations. Of course, pretending the mayor was Tyrone Power would require quite a stretch.


Thanks for stopping by! Appreciate your comments and I hope you have a great day!  Check out the other Six Sentence Sunday authors at www.sixsunday.com .  Some snippets may not be suitable for those under 18. 


24 comments:

Donna Cummings said...

LOL -- this sounds fun. And I love the cover!

Virginia Kelly said...

What a fabulous cover! I'd forgotten all about Tyrone Power. My mother thought he was fabulous. I take it the mayor is no Tyrone Power.

Paula Martin said...

I'd forgotten all about Tyrone Power, but yes, he was rather a dish! Sounds like an intriguing story!

K.E. Saxon said...

Oh, yes, Tyrone was a total babe. Total babe. I watched "In Old Chicago" a few months back. Great movie, even if they did completely change the actual history of the Great Chicago Fire, LOL! Well, THAT'S Hollywood!

I ADORE the cover of your book(s)! I love the daisies, everything.

And I'm getting a mental image of the mayor as corpulent and old(er) with maybe a receding hairline. In other words: NO Tyrone Power AT ALL, LOL.

Patricia Preston said...

KE and Virginia: No, Mayor Stroud was no Tyrone Power. LOL!

Sandra Sookoo said...

lol sounds like it's an awesome book!

Veronica Scott said...

Tyrone Power would do it for ME - he was a great Zorro. Not sure I could superimpose him over this mayor but after all, she is an actress! Terrific six!

Eleri Stone said...

I wondered what happened to that story! Glad to know it worked out:)

Reina M. Williams said...

What a fun cover! And I love love love Darlene! Can't wait to read the whole story! :)

Patricia Preston said...

I'm glad everyone loves the cover! Yay! It fits the story perfectly.

Gem Sivad said...

Whether it's Brad Pitt or Tyrone Power Darlene's trying to imagine, I suspect she's not going to be able to make the mayor fit her love scene. Great humor! :)

S. J. Maylee said...

Enterprising and entertaining, cute 6! The cover rocks and I love the look of your site.

Elaine Cantrell said...

Your cover is so cute. I remember Tyrone Power too. Great six.

Pat Trainum aka P. T. Bradley said...

Laid To Rest is one of the funniest stories ever. Can't wait for it to be published!

Cate Masters said...

So glad to hear you kept working on it! Like those before, I loved this six. Darlene has a memorable voice.

Daezarkian13 said...

Terrific tone here, and a great character voice! =D

Amy Gregory said...

What a great story! I love how you kept at it and it sounds like a great book! I love the last line!!! :)

Cherie Marks said...

Oh, I like her already. Great six!

Wildcats Wife said...

Your cover is to die for!! And, the story sounds great - set in 1950s. What fun. I will definitely check out.

Amy said...

Love the cover! And love the six... your heroine is really endearing!

Skye Warren said...

Great voice and fabulous cover. Good job! :D

The Belle in Blue said...

Fun six, and Tyrone Power is a great visual indeed! Looking forward to reading more!

~Joyce Scarbrough

patonlorraine said...

LOL - great six! And, what a great era to write a story about! Sounds great. :)

Pippa Jay said...

Sounds like she's got her work cut out for her!