Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Fruit Salad for Two


This past weekend I wanted to make a fruit salad, but I only wanted a small amount as a side dish for a couple of meals. So, I decided to try a snack-pack portions of Mandarin oranges and pineapple, plus one banana. I would have put in a few strawberries but I didn't have any on hand.
I drained the oranges and the pineapple. I also dipped the banana in the pineapple juice so it wouldn't turn so fast. I had been told that helps. I mixed the drained Mandarin oranges and pineapple. Chopped up the banana and added it. Then chilled.

This makes 2 servings. Also, I found a scoop of this fruit salad poured over sugar-free vanilla ice cream is totally delicious! That was how I ended up eating it. I didn't try it with Cool Whip but I think stirring some Cool Whip in the salad would be really good.  
More fruit salad recipes to come!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Oh Yum!!! It's almost lunch time here....sigh...Hahaaaa
hughugs