Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Yard Sale: A Kindle Best Seller!



I'm thrilled to announce my short story, "The Yard Sale," is currently on Amazon's Best Seller list. It is ranked #5 in humor. It has been an overnight success! I'm just beyond words and I certainly wish I would have done this a lot sooner.

I have always enjoyed writing short stories set in the South with amusing characters.  A shorter version of  "The Yard Sale" did well in several contests years ago. It placed in finals and was published in a literary magazine made up of contest finalist entries. It was always my favorite. So, I decided to take the core story and make it a longer story with more wacky characters. I added a touch of romance at the end for good measure and it has a positive ending as all my stories do.  

I hope "The Yard Sale" will continue to do well and I am working on the next story in the Down Home Humor series, "Laid to Rest."  Laid to Rest features Darlene, Richie and Tommy Ray, three of the funniest characters I have ever written about. I love them and plan to do more stories with this hapless trio.

4 comments:

Carla Swafford said...

Congratulations! I love the cover and sounds like a lot of fun. I bought the book so I'll find out. Probably will be August before I can read it (my TBR pile is huge)though. Miss seeing you. HUGS.

Patricia Preston said...

Thank you, Carla!! At least it is short. Only about 25 pages so it won't take you long to read it. Hope all is well with you and hopefully we'll see each other soon!

Helen Harill said...

Carla, move that puppy up to the beginning of your TBR pile, you won't be sorry. I read it at lunch this week and half my office is now dying to read it. Good job Pat!

Patricia Preston said...

Thanks, Helen! Tell your coworkers it is less than a buck! Help keep me on the list.