Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Meet The Author: Susan Hatler

I'm featuring Susan Hatler today. Susan writes YA fiction as well as short contemporary romance. I read My Last Blind Date today! It's a delightful short story about a girl going on what she insists as her last blind date. It's a cute, delightful short read that I recommend. Also Susan has a new YA release, Shaken, available now.
Also check out Susan's answers to some fun questions.

Hi, Patricia. So nice to be here!

1. What is your most prized possession?
Definitely my laptop. She travels everywhere with me and didn’t even get mad when I spilled coffee across her keyboard. Well, she did refuse to work for a long time and failed to save all the work I had in there, but who can blame her? She seems to be over it now (or so I hope).


2. If you were about to be served your last meal, what would be on your plate?
I heard heaven's got a great sushi bar so I'm counting on that.

3. When someone cuts you off in traffic, how do you react?
Um, I live in rural Montana. Everyone waves to each other and lets you go first. My theory is nobody can get cranky with the other drivers because it might be your dentist or doctor and you know what they say about payback . . .

4. You have just been handed a one-way ticket to where?
Oooh, I want to go to France and ride in that cool car with Owen Wilson (Midnight in Paris) so I can say hi to all the literary greats. Also, since it's a free ticket and all, I'd like to take a private jet. Getting pawed over by airport security isn't as fun as it sounds.

5. It's raining men! What kind of men?
The kind who rub my feet and bring me hot lattes while I write.

6. What is the one thing you hate to do?
Get up in the morning. I work much better from noon to three a.m. J

Give us a short pitch for your newest book and tell us why we're gonna love it.

My paranormal teen novel, Shaken, was just released and here's one of the Amazon reviews:

"My adrenaline is still pumping after finishing this read - holy smokes! This story had me guessing from beginning to end, with no idea what to think, and at the end I was looking for more pages!! I want more, more, more!!

Susan's writing had me so immersed in this story that I WAS Kylie. I was that awkward, insecure teen again, trying to navigate through my bumpy teen years, figuring out how to approach boys, how it seems some of the other girls seem so socially adept at the flirting game, wondering how I'd ever fit in...and then this incredible, scary, AWFUL thing happens where I can read minds! AHH!

I was on the edge of my chair, biting my nails, pulling my hair out - snarking at my husband when he interrupted my reading - I had to figure out what was going on! I'm telling you, this book is AWESOME! It has everything. mystery, suspense, angst, romance (a seriously hot guy I was drooling over) and best of all, some laugh out loud moments of humor that were priceless!”

Thanks so much for having me here, Patricia. Happy reading, everyone!

Thank you, Susan, for a great interview.  Readers, you can find out more about Shaken at Amazon: http://amzn.to/ybtisv



8 comments:

Joanne said...

Thanks for the interview, ladies ... It's always nice to get a glimpse into the life of a fellow writer :)

Patricia Preston said...

Thanks for stopping by, Joanne!

Donna said...

Loved the interview!
I'll have to go check out that book!!
hughugs

Patricia Preston said...

Thanks for stopping by, Donna!

Susan Hatler said...

Thanks for having me, Patricia. Love the revamp on your website! :)

Marigold Lott said...

Adore the new look of your blog! Great work. Nice interview too! :>

Donna said...

PS- in Case this comment makes it to you, the new word verifications is almost impossible to read and makes it terribly hard to leave comments...If you don't hear from me in the future much it's because I can't make out the words to type them in, even after repeated tries....Did you know it had been changed? Check it out...
hughugs

Patricia Preston said...

Thanks Donna. I didn't know it had been changed. I'll try shutting it off.