Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Meet the Author: Laurel O'Donnell

Today on Meet the Author my guest is Laurel O'Donnell. She has won numerous awards for her works, including the Holt Medallion for A Knight of Honor, the Happily Ever After contest for The Angel’s Assassin, and the Indiana’s Golden Opportunity contest for Immortal Death. The Angel and the Prince was nominated by the Romance Writers of America for their prestigious Golden Heart award. O’Donnell lives in Illinois with her four cherished children, her beloved husband and her five cats. She finds precious time every day to escape the real world and bring her characters to life in her writing.
Below are her answers to some fun questions. See what you think of her answers!

If you were about to be served your last meal, what would be on your plate?

Benihana’s calamari!  The chief would have to cook it in front of me, too. 

When someone cuts you off in traffic, how do you react?

I curse at their complete stupidity.  Then, I “talk” sarcastically to them as if they can hear me.  I have visions of driving them off the road for being so rude and careless.  And then I finally calm down. 

You’ve just been handed a one-way ticket to where?

Disneyworld.  I love Disneyworld.  It’s magical and brings back wonderful, fun memories with my husband and kids.

What is your guilty pleasure?

Rock Band 3!  I love to sing.

What is your favortie kind of chocolate?

Dark Chocolate!  And if it has peanut butter, it’s all the better. 

What is the one thing you hate to do?

Get out of bed when it is cold.  I would much rather stay snuggled under the blankets and comforters and dream about what I’m going to write.

What do you love most about being a writer? 

I love when that scene comes to life in my mind and my fingers race across the keyboard and there is no hesitation about the words or the feelings I want to convey.  I love that moment when it all comes together perfectly and my characters breathe life.

Thanks for stopping by. Please visit Laurel at her website:  http://www.laurel-odonnell.com/ to learn more about her and her books.

1 comment:

Pat Trainum aka P. T. Bradley said...

Great interview! I loved her response to drivers who cut you off. Checked out Knight of Honor and it sounds intriguing.