Sunday, December 11, 2011

5 Minute Christmas Party Dish: Mix, Chill and Serve

I like things easy and this is as easy as it gets when it comes to making a dish to take to a holiday get-together, church dinner or even to have with a meal at home. All you need are these four ingredients, a bowl and mixing spoon.

1 large box of Strawberry Jello
1 container Cool Whip
1 can of crushed pineapple, drained
1 container of small curd cottage cheese
optional: 1/2 cup of pecan chips

Empty cottage cheese and Jello mix into bowl and stir. Add Cool Whip and stir.  Drain pineapple, add and stir. Add pecans if desired. I always make it with pecans because I love it with nuts. Spoon into serving dish. You can decorate the top by sprinkling pecans over it. Also, in the past, I have decorated it with fresh strawberry halves and pineapple chunks.  Cover dish and put in refrigerator to chill. I usually chill it overnight. I make it the night before the party and leave in the fridge until I'm ready to go.  Otherwise, I think 4-5 hours in the fridge would be long enough to get it chilled. Everyone always loves it and I don't know of anything any easier and foolproof than this.  Oh, I've always called it Pink Stuff because that's what my mother called it.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Oh Pat, this is the BEST Stuff! Addicting! Thanks for the reminder to make some!Hahaa
hughugs