Sunday, November 27, 2011

Monday's Meet The Author: Kelly Boyce

Kelly Boyce's writing career began at age seven when she realized the stories swirling around in her head could be put down on paper. Since then, she has never given up on her dream of being published. Her writing career has taken her down many strange paths, from wielding a broadsword, to being featured in the documentary Who's Afraid of Happy Endings?, profiling the romance writing industry. After placing in several contests, she sold her first book to Carina Press in 2010. When not writing and despite possessing what may be one of the world's worst senses of direction, she loves to travel and hopes to touch down everywhere in the world at least once. 
 

 
It’s raining men, so what kind of men? Oohhh...how to pick. Well definitely a cowboy. I've been hooked on cowboys since I saw my first Clint Eastwood spaghetti western. But Knights and Soldiers are running a very close second. And don't even get me started on men in kilts...
 
What movie best describes your life?  Must Love Dogs. It was one of the first things I said to my husband when we started dating. My own dog had passed away 6 months before and I knew eventually I would be getting another one once I got over losing Coop. So I told him straight out - 'You've gotta love dogs, because we're always going to have one.' Guess he knew a deal-breaker when he heard one because he didn't flinch, although he's still adjusting to the big, goofy golden retriever who sheds furballs all over our house. 

If you could be any fictional character, who would you be? Can I be Indiana Jones? I know he's a guy, but that man knows his way around an adventure! 

If you knew you were going to die tomorrow, what would you do tonight?  Have dinner with my family - parents, brother & sister, respective spouses, nieces and nephews and my husband and stepson. Dinner with my family is like a three ring circus mated with the Comedy Channel. If I'm going to die tomorrow, I'm going down laughing.
 
What barnyard animal is your favorite? I love horses. I'm also partial to the pig. I blame Charlotte's Web for this. 

You have wished upon a star, what did you wish for?  Every time I wish on a star I wish for the same thing - health, happiness and prosperity for my family and myself. I WANT to wish for a big fat publishing contract, or enough royalties to allow me to quit my day job and write full time, but I'm afraid if I get all selfish with my wishes I'll conjur up bad mojo and not get anything.  

What do you love about writing?  I love telling stories. I love crafting characters and discovering what their damage is and how I'm going to help them work through it and get to something better. Maybe I should have been a psychiatrist instead, but then I'd still have to deal with the voices in my head and who wants a crazy shrink?



Kelly Boyce
The Outlaw Bride - Available Now!
Carina PressFacebook: Kelly Boyce, Author Twitter: @KellyLBoyce Website: www.kellyboyce.com

No comments: