Saturday, October 29, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday: Lady Silver

This is the first Sunday I've had a chance to participate in Six Sentence Sunday in a few months. I've had to devote the weekends to finishing up Lady Silver. It's a historical romance set in New Orleans in 1814 and this snippet has the heroine, Nicole, preparing to go meet her contact, Captain Jesse Cross.


“Don't worry about me.” She gave Colette a peck on the cheek and reached for the silver mask on the dressing table. A filigree band of crystalline gemstones trimmed the outer edge of the silk mask. Their prisms winked in the candlelight. It was a flirty mask that was meant to be worn by a lady in a ballroom. Not by a servant girl on a secret mission.
Thanks a bunch for stopping by! Check out snippets from other authors at www.sixsunday.com.  And I hope everyone is having a Happy Halloween weekend.  Watch out for the goblins, ghosts and graveyards.

16 comments:

Jessica Subject said...

Nice descriptions and very intriguing!

Veronica Scott said...

OK, I CRAVE the mask! Leaves me wanting to know what happened next for sure. Fun excerpt!

JoAnne Kenrick said...

Yeay! Welcome back to six sunday! Missed your snippets xx
And what an entrance you've made... very flirty :) Beautiful description of the mask, and of her reaction and feelings toward it.

Jonna Rae said...

Love the beautiful description of the mask. I want to know what secret mission she is on.

Vivien Jackson said...

I'm looking forward to reading this, so it's great to hear that you've finished it up. Keep us posted on when it's available! And thanks for the peek.

Mina Khan said...

I love New Orleans as a setting, and your excerpt is so intriguing!

Thanks for visiting my virgin 6 Sentence Sunday post :)

Sandra Sookoo said...

Intriguing! gotta love a mask!

Taryn Kincaid said...

Welcome back. Intriguing snippet. Looking forward to the rest!

Paula Martin said...

Great description, and now I need to know more about her!

Melinda Belle said...

Love this post. Now send that book off somewhere!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing.

diannehartsock said...

The mask looks beautiful! I want one. :) Wonder what trouble she'll get into while wearing it, though.

Christine Warner said...

Okay, you perked my interest! Great Six....hope to read more next week.

Stephanie Adkins said...

Wonderful six! I wish you a ton of sales with your books! Happy Sunday and Happy Halloween!

Stephanie Adkins
http://stephanieadkins.blogspot.com/

Patricia Preston said...

Thanks to all for stopping by. It is always fun to be a part of Six Sentence Sunday. I'm hoping to join in at least every other weekend.

Vivien Dean said...

Strong use of description here. Thanks for sharing!

Eleri Stone said...

Ooo, masked servant girl on a secret mission to meet a Captain? Can't wait to read the whole thing.