Sunday, October 9, 2011

Monday's Meet the Author: Taryn Kincaid & Win A Book!

Today I've got a terrific Meet the Author post, featuring Taryn Kincaid, who lives with a varied bunch of characters in the northern suburbs of New York City, in the historic and mystical Hudson Valley, only a hop, skip & jump from Sleepy Hollow. She is a former award-winning newspaper reporter and columnist, and now haunts courthouses. Don't ask me what she is doing haunting courthouses, but, hey, it sounds interesting. 


If you're looking for a good October read, check out Sleepy Hollow Dreams, her paranormal romance. She also has a Carina Press title available, Healing Hearts, which has been nominated for a 2012 EPIC Award in the Historical Romance category. 
Now for some fun!!  Taryn's characters answered the questions for her!

Thanks so much for inviting me in, Pat.  Thrilled to be here. Unfortunately, the interview questions were sitting on my computer a few days and, as usual, my characters decided to take over. (This is what happens when you procrastinate.) And sometimes some of them are pretty unruly. Or…highhanded lordly: One’s an English viscount, one’s Lord of the Dead and one’s Lord of the Deep. Then there’s the sexy dream voyager and the cool FBI agent… And that’s just the men. Only their heroines can get them to shut up. Sigh.

1. What movie best describes your life?
Adam (Viscount Riverton, HEALING HEARTS): What’s a movie?
Emma: You know, my dear. When the earth moves. When you make –
Adam: Indeed? Time to retire, my love. I think there’s some furniture we haven’t yet broken!
 2. How are you going to celebrate Halloween?
Ryck Van Winkle (SLEEPY HOLLOW DREAMS): Well, it is our anniversary.
Katy: Give or take a week or two.
Ryck: Come on, sweetling. Like I might ever forget the first time we were together, flesh to flesh.
Katy: [Blushes.] Talk about earth shaking! [Runs fingers across Ryck’s Smashing Pumpkins T-shirt.] But maybe this year we can just spend a quiet night at home? Without demons chasing us into Sleepy Hollow Cemetery?
 3. When someone cuts you off in traffic, how do you react?
Cole (WIP): The mo’fo better be in hot pursuit of terrorists or I’m taking him in.
Lara: And trust me. G-man here drives like a madman. Competent and in control, but a madman nevertheless. You do not want to be the one he’s chasing.
Cole: Hold on, Ace. [Gives her a cool, icy-eyed stare.] You do not want me chasing you?
Lara: Like it a lot better when you catch me, Irish. [Offers him a sultry wink.] Especially if there’s a hot tub involved.
 4. If you were about to be served your last meal, what would be on your plate?
Aidon, Lord of the Dead (WIP): If you’re a live babe visiting my realm, I suggest you forgo the pomegranate seeds.
Stephanie: I dunno, Big Guy. That sort of worked out for us didn’t it?
Aidon: They weren’t exactly on a plate, Stef.
Stephanie: Right. C’mere a sec. [Tugs on his arm. Examines the squashed seed on his cheek.] I think we missed one.
 5. What movie best describes your life?
Surfer Dude, Lord of the Deep (Aidon’s younger brother) [WIP]: The Poseidon Adventure.
Mia: Ignore him. He’s just being silly.
 6. If you could time-travel, where would your first stop be?
Adam (HEALING HEARTS): We would like to have tea with that Taryn Kincaid woman. We have a few things to discuss.  
Emma: (HEALING HEARTS): Now, Adam. She did bring us together, after all, my dear. But we don’t suppose she has adequate tea things. So if we are about to travel to the 21st century, please tell her we would like to make a quick stop at Harrod’s or Fortnum & Mason first.
Ryck: (SLEEPY HOLLOW DREAMS): I’m so over time-traveling.
Katy: (SLEEPY HOLLOW DREAMS): It’s been 300 years for Ryck. So, if it’s all the same to you. Now that he’s home. I’m keeping him here in Sleepy Hollow with me. In 2011. Good times.

(Read more about these characters on Taryn Kincaid’s site,http://dreamvoyagers.blogspot.com.)

Healing Hearts is available from Carina Press, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books on Board, and other digital booksellers.
Sleepy Hollow Dreams is available from The Wild Rose Press, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, DigiBook CafĂ©, Fictionwise and other digital booksellers.




GIVEAWAY:  Leave a comment. Tell us which one of Taryn's character you liked best or just say Hi! You will be entered in the drawing on Wednesday for your choice of Taryn's books and a set of that book's romance trading cards. If you comment under Anonymous, please leave an email address.  

Thanks again for stopping by from Patricia, who is trying to make Mondays suck a little less...

18 comments:

Taryn Kincaid said...

Thanks for having us in, Pat!

You made us look good.

(Sorry if the loonies took over the asylum. Such is my life, really.)

Lindsay said...

Okay Taryn, Who are the loonies? You or the characters. Hate to say it but Healing Hearts is still my fav. Adam and Emma, you both rock.

Anonymous said...

I want to read all of these stories, but my favorite comments were from Cole. I love a man with attitude! :)

terrihawk66@yahoo.com

Taryn Kincaid said...

Lindsay,

You know I love Adam and Emma, too.

But when they're being cooperative, I love 'em all!

Taryn Kincaid said...

Terri (I am very personally partial to that name, btw!)

Cole definitely has attitude. I was lucky to get him to talk at all!

Rebecca Royce said...

This is great. You are such a talented author!

Taryn Kincaid said...

Thanks, Rebecca! (And thanks for stopping by!)

Patricia Preston said...

Glad everyone is enjoying Taryn's post. Thanks in advance for any tweets!

Wendy S Marcus said...

Very clever, Taryn! Your trading cards are beautiful. As you know, I loved Healing Hearts! Still have Sleepy Hollow Dreams on the Kindle. It will be my 2011 Halloween treat! Congrats on both books. When will we see more?

Shawna Thomas said...

Wow! I don't think I could choose just one. You gave us a small taste, now we're hungry for more!

I love the trading card. It's beautiful!

Tribal Marcus said...

Gotta agree with Adam. Dude, authors can be tough to control.

Aidon, dude, if you're ever in Hell, look me up.

Jennifer Probst said...

Love this interview and your characters!

Taryn Kincaid said...

Thanks, Wendy!

Taryn Kincaid said...

Shawna --

Now that's what I like to hear!

Anonymous said...

Tribal --

I'd make mincemeat outta you, me boyo!

~ Aidon
aka The Reaper
Lord of the Dead

(There are a lot of precincts here in my realm -- from Tartarus [where I suggest you do not go] to Elysium [talk about glowing fallen angels -- they're nothing on those annoying heroes. Trust me, man.])

Taryn Kincaid said...

Thanks, Jen!

JL Walters said...

Great Interview. You haven't finished my favorite yet. Healing Harts would com in second. I'm rather partial to Surfer Dude,

Taryn Kincaid said...

One of these days. Promise.