Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten Years Later

September 11, 2001 is one of those days you can always recall what you were doing when you heard the news. For me, I was off work that day and I was working on a story outline. I had not turned on the TV as I rarely turn on the television unless it is a program I intend to watch.  My son called me, wanting to know if I had heard the news. At that point in time, nothing was really known except that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. So, I went into the den and turned on the TV. I was plastered there for the rest of the day.

All that was being shown was an upper view of the twin towers smoking and the newscasters commenting in turmoil. I can't remember if the second plane had hit or not by the time I turned on the TV. What I do remember most vividly is the shock of seeing the first tower collapse on live TV. That image has remained with me throughout the years.

To the survivors and loved ones of all the victims and heroes lost on September 11th, may you blessed with memories of better times and know their light shines on.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Amen...Beautiful post...
hughugs