Sunday, September 18, 2011

Monday's Meet the Author: Cynthia Woolf

Today, I invited Cynthia Woolf over to my blog. First, I'm going to tell you a little bit about her and her writing. Then, for the real treat, Cynthia has answered my Seven Snoopy Questions and she has some great answers.

Cynthia was born in Denver, Colorado and raised in the mountains west of Golden.  She spent her early years running wild around the mountain side with her friends.Their closest neighbor was one quarter of a mile away, so her little brother was her playmate and her best friend.  That fierce friendship lasted until his death in 2006. Cynthia was and is an avid reader.  Her mother was a librarian and brought new books home each week.  This is where young Cynthia first got the storytelling bug.  She wrote her first story at the age of ten.  A romance about a little boy she liked at the time. So you can see that Cynthia is a born romantic.

In 2000, she saw an ad in the paper for a writers conference being put on by CRW and decided she'd attend.  One of her favorite authors, Catherine Coulter, was the keynote speaker.  Cynthia was lucky enough to have a seat at Ms. Coulter's table at the luncheon. Have you ever known anyone luckier than Cynthia?  After talking with Ms. Coulter, she  decided she needed to get back to her writing.  She rejoined both CRW and RWA that day and hasn't looked back.

Cynthia credits her wonderfully supportive husband Jim and the great friends she's made at CRW for saving her sanity and allowing her to explore her creativity.

So, now, let's learn some fun facts about Cynthia and what kind of chocolate she likes

1. What movie best describes your life? Romancing the Stone because my life is just one accident after another, but I got my husband and my happily ever after. (See, I told you she was a born romantic!)

2. What is the one thing you need to do but hate doing it? Exercise! Isn’t this everyone’s answer?

3. If you were about to be served your last meal, what would be on your plate? Pot roast with lots and lots of carrots and my mother’s carrot cake. Can you see a pattern here?

4. If you could be any fictional character (books, movies) who would you be? Dumbledore. I want his magic to clean my house.

5. What is your favorite kind of chocolate? We have to pick a favorite??? I would pick a Mounds bar…sometimes you feel like a nut sometimes you don’t.

6. If you knew you were going to sent back to high school tomorrow, how would you react? First I’d want to lose more weight. Second, I’d put the moves on that cute guy I was afraid to talk to way back when. (Way to go!)

7. What do you love most about being a writer? Being a writer is such a joy. There isn’t just one thing I love about it. I love it all. One of the best things is being able to have my stories end the way I want. Have you ever read a book or watched a movie that you loved till the end? Then you hated the whole thing because the end sucked the big green one. I feel that way about the movie Seven. It was a good movie till the end, then it just sucked. I haven’t been able to watch it since. Now I make the end what I want it to be and since I write romance, there is always a happily ever after.

So, now, we know Cynthia loves carrots, chocolate, books and boys! She is also the author of two romances. A western historical set in 1880's Colorado,  Tame A Wild Heart.  Click on the title to go to its Amazon page for more info and reviews. She also has a sci-fi romance called Centauri Dawn available at Amazon.

Have a great Monday!

9 comments:

Norah Wilson said...

Lovely interview! And great answers, Cynthia! And between your lovely cowboy cover and Patricia's cover, great way to start my day. ,-)

Maureen Fisher said...

Great cover and a fun interview. Think I'll head off and buy "Tame a Wild Heart". I'm a sucker for cowboys and happy endings.

derekd said...

Great questions, and fun answers ladies. I choked up thinking about having to go back to HS. Yikes! I agree with Maureen, great cover Cynthia. Good luck with the book.

Patricia Preston said...

Glad you came by and enjoyed the post!

Regina Duke said...

Great interview! And I love the covers! Best of luck, Cynthia.

Regina Duke

Jenn LeBlanc said...

What a great interview Cynthia! I have read Tame A Wild Heart, it is a wonderful love story, rich in history.

Well done!

Jenn

Amy Denim said...

Great interview, I'm so totally with you on the chocolate answer. There's no way I could pick just one. Hope when I'm invited to be a guest here someday my interview is as cute as yours!

Patricia Preston said...

Amy, Consider yourself invited.

Donna said...

She sounds...Fun!
I'll have to go have a Look-see!
hughugs