Thursday, August 11, 2011

Summer Days

Summer is slipping by quickly. In a few weeks, it will be September and the arrival of September leads into my favorite season, fall. But, for now, I am enjoying summer, especially fresh tomatoes.

Tomatoes, okra and watermelon are my summer foods. The only time you can buy those items at the farmer's market is this time of year. I was disappointed that Arby's quit selling their chicken wrap!  But I did make one myself and I will post the recipe.

I hope you are staying cool and having yourself some summer fun!

5 comments:

BECKY said...

I forgot all about trying Arby's chicken wrap...but yeah..I know you can make one..and I think I can, too!

Crystal said...

I can't believe we are closing in on the end of summer. We bought a new boat a couple of weeks ago, so we're trying to cram as much boating time in as the weather will allow. It is great therapy for my Muse, too. Too bad I can't write the boat off as a business expense!

I love tomatoes. Perhaps next year I'll actually try growing a few of my own.

Patricia Preston said...

Becky and Crystal: Thanks for stopping by. I have been recuperating from my trip and a virus or something that I brought home with me. Will post the wrap and other pics this week. Hugs.

Reina said...

Hope you're fully recovered soon. :) I need to get to the Farmer's Market...I've only been once this summer!

Donna said...

Oh, Summer's can't be over Fast enough for us! It's been TOO hot here and still no rain!
Sorry you've been ill!! Hope you are better today....
hughugs