Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wednesday's for Writers: Memphis Magazine Fiction Contest

This week I'm featuring the contest from the Memphis Magazine. Top prize is $1,000.00.  There is a hitch. You have to live within 150 miles of Memphis.  Only costs $10 to enter. So if you live in the required area, I'd say dig out a story and send it in.  I'm a firm believer in you never know! The length is 3000-4500 words, which is about 20 pages or so. And, you've got to August 1st to polish it up and send it in.  For contest info: go here.  Good Luck!

Hope everyone is having a great week.  Monday and Tuesday were bad days for me as I had a stomach bug or the ham sandwich I ate was bad.  Needless to say, I threw away ham, mayo, bread.  My fridge is nearly empty. At least, today I feel somewhat better and I'm looking forward to the weekend.

No comments: