Saturday, May 7, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday: Laid To Rest Snippet

I'm happy to be posting on Six Sentence Sunday again, especially after April being such a tragic month.  Since the characters from Laid To Rest create smiles, I decided to bring them back.   More of their snippets are located under the Laid To Rest tab. 

           "Ain't what you're talking about called blackmail?"  Darlene handed me her telephone.
"Would you rather be run out of town, Darlene?"  I dialed the number and asked to speak to the mayor's brother.
Albert Stroud stood by the bed as I pulled back the sheet to let him see Mayor Stroud's body.  Like a coroner, I stood there with the sheet in my hands and waited during the viewing, but I sure wasn't expecting the president of Stuttsville National Bank to slap the corpse. 

You can go to Six Sentence Sunday  for more authors and their snippets.  Hope you have a wonderful week! 

26 comments:

Sandra Sookoo said...

ooh great last line! I can just picture it!

Donna said...

Happy Mother's Day Friend!!
Hope you have a Wonderful Day!!
hughugs

Rebecca Royce said...

TO slap the corpse? Awesome.

Gem Sivad said...

Your writing "tickles my fancy..." and makes me smile at the scenes you create. Great six!

Gayle said...

lol, that last line was unexpected!

Great six!

Taryn Kincaid said...

Welcome back, Pat. So glad you're carrying on with these characters. Slapping the corpse! That's a new one.

(And PS: the little tyke in the pretty yellow bikini is adorable! Well done on that, too!)

Kim Knox said...

Oh, I love that last line!
Great six :)

Vivien Jackson said...

Yee! Now what'd he go and do that for? Thank you for bringing these characters back for another peek. I've been missing them. I just can't wait for this story to be out in purchasable form.

Patricia Preston said...

Appreciate all the comments!! Happy Mom's Day to all of you!

Carolyn Rosewood said...

Very intriguing snippet!

Eleri Stone said...

Welcome back! Love this story. You are so awesomely good at creating crazy but believable characters.

Tigris Eden said...

WOW! Just hit the corpse! Loved it! Great 6!

Lindsay said...

Glad to have you back. Great six. The last line is priceless.

Pat said...

Great last line. So glad you've brought these crazy, wonderful characters back. Happy Mother's Day!

Vegetarian Cannibal said...

Slapping a corpse, hahaha...that's different.

Kerrianne Coombes said...

Thats a 'dun dun daaaar' moment, if ever i read one! LOL great 6!

Sarah Grimm said...

ROFL! That's fantastic!

graylinfox said...

LOl I love it. I can see the smack.

Maggie James said...

Very interesting...esp. that last line. Very unexpected--Great 6!

jennajaxon said...

Love these characters and the voice. (I've been looking for them for weeks!) Glad you're back. Wonderful six (esp. #6!).

Cherie Marks said...

That was a great SSS. Definitely made me want to read more.

Roseanne Dowell said...

Wow, very intriquing

JoAnne Kenrick said...

Slapping the corpse! LOL I love your work...fab six as always!

Jayel Kaye said...

didn't see that coming

Roberta Walker said...

Oh, how I've missed these characters! Sorry for your loss, hope the sun shines for you in May.

Patricia Preston said...

Hey, Roberta! Thanks!