Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Simple Way To Pretty Up Plain Shoes

 I started out with a pair of flip flops that I ordered online from Foot Smart. The one thing about ordering shoes is that they don't always look like they do in the photos. This pair of sandals, made with a terrific arch support, fit great but I didn't like the white toe strap.  So, I decided, rather than return them, to find something to cover up the toe strap.  I tried to think of what I could find in a store.  Like an artificial flower maybe? I couldn't find any that would work.

I finally decided that earrings might work. Of course, that meant finding a pair that would fit.  So I went to Belk's and I found a pair of drop earrings that looked suitable for hot gluing onto the strap. 

Believe it or not, the earrings were a perfect fit for the strap.  I cut off the back of the earring.  Put a strip of hot glue down the strap and pressed on the earring.  To this day, they remain.  Plus due to the multi-color earrings, the shoes will go with most any outfit.  Ta Da!! 

4 comments:

Reina said...

Very cute! A good idea. :)

Patricia Preston said...

I'm crafty!

Carla Swafford said...

Great idea. Hmmm, now which pair of sandals will I hot glue...

Patricia Preston said...

Carla, post a pic on your blog when you do and we can compare!