Saturday, April 2, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

It's time for Six Sentence Sunday and some more fun with Richie and Tommy Ray.   Plus Darlene, of course.   It is humorous fiction set in Mississippi in 195o's about two good ol' boys who end up trying to make the mayor's death look accidental for a profit of course.  The mayor died while having sex with Darlene, the local bimbo.  If you want to read earlier posts, I have created a page with their links.

“Sir, we'll put the mayor behind the wheel and let the Caddy roll into the creek,” I explained. Albert Stroud adjusted his silk tie. “When the cops find him, they'll think he had a heart attack while he was driving. Shoot, that happens to old fat men all the time.  Nobody won't suspect a thing and folks will always think highly of Mayor Stroud.”
“How much?” Albert asked.
Darlene and Tommy Ray both looked at me like two puppies waiting for a  treat.

Stop by and visit other Six Sentence Sunday authors! http://www.sixsunday.blogspot.com/
Also check out the book trailer for Beverly Barton's new book below. Thanks for stopping by and I hope everyone has a great week!! 

28 comments:

JoAnne Kenrick said...

Brilliant, as always... I love your voice. Character interactions are always so natural. Fab six xx

Taryn Kincaid said...

This is beginning to remind me of Weekend at Bernie's! Great voice, as always.

Sarah Grimm said...

LOL. I have to get this book!

Marsha A. Moore said...

I'm totally drawn in by your characterization. I really want to read this book and it's nothing like my usual reading--a big compliment.

Linda Morris, Romance writer said...

Love this story and your authorial voice!

Cate Masters said...

This story's such a hoot! Loving your snippets. Keep 'em coming.

Vivien Jackson said...

LOL... I know that look! I love these characters and look forward to reading their hijinks every week. I've also started reading your non-comedy historical, and so far it's just stellar. Good writing all around.

Patricia Preston said...

Viven, thanks for the wonderful compliment. I need all the uplifting I can get right now.

Roberta Walker said...

You give so much life to these hilarious characters. I laughed out loud (again). Thanks for sharing!

sassyspeaks said...

enjoying it more eaxh week

Lindsay said...

Great six.

Sandra Sookoo said...

awesome 6! Love this story.

Lorien Velez said...

Great writing! Really enjoyed the humorous plot behind the character's interaction. :)

Lucy Felthouse said...

Sounds like fun! :)

Beverly Barton said...

I look forward to each new post every Sunday. What fun reading about Richie & Tommy Ray's exploits.

Stacey Kennedy said...

LOL! This book seems so fantastic!! I want it! :D

Dee Carney said...

Easy money is rarely easy! Be careful fellas.

lexcade said...

LOL Love! You had me hooked with the pic, actually. And then the writing to match!

bluerose said...

LOL! - "it happens to old fat men all the time"

wonderful character!

diannehartsock said...

Nothing works as easy as it's supposed to. Careful, guys!

Marie Dees said...

This is so much fun!

Liana Brooks said...

Very entertaining. I can't wait to read the whole thing. :o)

Patricia Preston said...

Just want to say Thanks to everyone who stopped by this Sunday!

Kerrianne Coombes said...

hmmm? sounds like the plan may have some holes.... great six!

Pippa Jay said...

'two puppies waiting for a treat' - love it, lol.

Pat said...

If Six Sentence Sunday lasts long enough, maybe we'll get the whole story!

Jean Davis said...

Love the two puppies line.

Patricia Preston said...

Pat: Maybe I'll get the whole story, too!