Saturday, March 26, 2011

Time for Six Sentence Sunday!

Back again with my characters from my 1950's comedy, Laid To Rest. Richie (the narrator) and his sidekick, Tommy Ray Petty. are in the process of trying to steal gas out of the mayor's Cadillac while he is visiting the town prostitute, Darlene. (During sex with Darlene, the mayor has passed away).  The two hapless rednecks are offered $5000 by the mayor's brother to make it appear he died in a respectable car wreck. Previous posts: http://bit.ly/hRZmYz

Today's post adds the mayor's brother, Albert, who is the bank president.  Trouble is brewing for Richie, Tommy Ray and Darlene!

Albert Stroud gave us a hard look. I realized, right then and there, that you don’t mess around with him. "Let me assure you that if anyone does find out what happened here tonight, the three of you will regret the day you were born.”
Trying to dress a dead man in a hurry ain't easy.  "We've got to get him in the Caddy before he stiffens up,"  I said as I buttoned the mayor's shirt. 
"Richie, I don't want to regret the day I was born,"  Tommy Ray whined.
Check out the other Six Sentence Sunday writers at http://www.sixsunday.blogspot.com/
Also, don't miss your chance to win a free book at Romancing The Past.  Just stop by between now and the 29th, leave a comment about your favorite hero and you might win the book which has a hero to your liking.  While you are there, you can read Darlene's post, Real Men Don't Wear Ruffles.  It's a guaranteed hoot! http://bit.ly/ghtcNd


33 comments:

Reina said...

This has become a bright spot every Sunday (thanks for this week's a bit early.) :)

Patricia Preston said...

Thanks, Reina. The post has to be up by Sunday morning so I usually go ahead and do it on Sat. night.

Taryn Kincaid said...

I just love this!Have you decided what you're doing with it? Are you writing it on the fly?

Sandra Sookoo said...

Oh, that was a nice post! "Dressing a dead guy ain't easy." lol

Ann Mayburn said...

lol- Sounds like a really fun read.

Ella Drake said...

I'm a total fan of this story. I hope you get it out there for us all to read!

Cate Masters said...

Such a fun story premise, and great scene.

Dee Carney said...

LOL. For some reason I already like Tommy Ray.

Gem Sivad said...

Oh, I love this. The humor is great, the characters well defined in just six!

Lisa Fox said...

I love these guys! They are just walking disasters and it is so very fun!

Marsha A. Moore said...

What unique and lovable characters! I'm curious to learn more about them.

Patricia Preston said...

Lisa: You are so right!! LOL!

heatherthurmeier said...

Wonderful six. Love it!

Beverly Barton said...

Love this story. Love the characters. You have to finish this -- in either short story form or as a novella or even better yet as a novel.

Roseanne Dowell said...

I love these characters. I'd love to read this book.

Sarah Grimm said...

I really enjoy visiting these characters every Sunday.

graylinfox said...

As soon as this book is out, I'm reading it. Love this!

sassyspeaks said...

I can just visualize all this with their confused faces :D

Pat said...

Git 'er done, Patricia! This is a great story.

Eleri Stone said...

Love this story, these characters. Can't wait to read the whole story.

Marie Dees said...

LOL, I love these guys. Rednecks are good with cars and bodies and bodies in cars.

Jayel Kaye said...

This is so much fun to read! I love the characters

Hailey Edwards said...

LOL This is such an entertaining group of characters.

JoAnne Kenrick said...

I love it, dressing a dead man in a hurry aint easy! hehe I adore your voice and character work :)

Laurie A. Green said...

Love the set-up and the comic relief Tommy Ray provides. I'm sure dressing a dead man in a hurry is an acquired talent. (For who, I'm not sure.) :)

Claire Robyns said...

Had such a laugh with Darlene the other day :) This story sounds like a total hoot

Lauri J Owen said...

You flesh out characters well. Great six.

Lisa Kumar said...

Great six! Love the humor. I feel that Richie and Tommy Ray are in over their head and that their troubles will only snowball!

Lindsay said...

Great six. The story gets better and better each week

Patricia Preston said...

So glad everyone has gotten a laugh from this!

Vivien Jackson said...

These characters are a gas. I am looking forward to reading more of them next week, and hopefully their whole story before too long.

Roberta Walker said...

Priceless! I love your humor, it comes through just right, not overdone, not forced. Just perfect!

Lucy Felthouse said...

Hehe, this sounds fab! :)