Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tightwad Thursday

This Thursday is dedicated to the tightwad in all of us. Coupons are a great way to save money. Now if I could only get in the habit of remembering to take them to the store with me or even remembering that I've got them with me when I check out.  The times that I have used coupons for groceries I did save money. But, I tend to shop on the run and without a list.  I'm a coupon-cutter's worst nightmare. 

What about you? Do you clip and save?

If you want to give this a try, here's a link to Pillsbury's website. They have printable coupons for everything from Cheerios to Scrubbing Bubbles. http://www.pillsbury.com/coupons-promotions
To be successful at this, you need to have a list, which includes your coupon items clearly marked, and if you really want to save, you will know in advance which items are on sale at the store where you are shopping. 

2 comments:

Donna said...

Hanging my head in Shame here Girl!Hahaaa...
We have "Savers Cards" at both of the grocery stores I shop at. The "say" I have saved X amt of dollars at the checkout...hummm...I once told the mgr at one of the stores, Why don't you just mark the prices Down instead of making us carry these cards around...No response!
Happy Thursday sweetie!
hughugs

Reina said...

I used to use coupons, but they take too much time and I always forget I have them too!
Lists are good, as is limiting how many times you go to stores. I aim for once-a-week grocery shopping.