Sunday, January 9, 2011

In Appreciation of My "Gang"

It  has been a quiet, cold Sunday and I decided to do a post about my best friends/fellow writers that I dedicated my novella to.  Beverly, Edna, Jane and Pat.  I have been blessed to know them and be a part of their life.  I would not be here without them.  They have listened to me gripe, whine and bitch for years!  They've pulled me up when I was down and gave me a pat on the back when I deserved it.  I hope they all know how much I appreciate and love them for everything.  So, I am posting a little poem by Robert Frost in their honor. 

A Time To Talk
by
Robert Frost

When a friend calls to me from the road
And slows his horse to a meaning walk,
I don't stand still and look around
On all the hills I haven't hoed,
And shout from where I am, 'What is it?'
No, not as there is a time to talk.
I thrust my hoe in the mellow ground,
Blade-end up and five feet tall,
And plod: I go up to the stone wall
For a friendly visit.

3 comments:

Pat said...

Thank you! I am proud to be called your friend.

Melinda said...

You are the dearest friend in the whole world. Robert Frost right back at ya! I'm proud too. And very proud of you. Thank you and a big hug!

Cindy said...

What a wonderful tribute to your 'circle of life, light and support...your BFFs'. It takes a LONG TIME TO GROW OLD FRIENDS, and you are richly blessed.

Warmest,

Cindy Nord
www.cindynord.com