Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Call

I have to say nothing is more exciting for a writer than getting a call from an editor who has read your work and loved it. However, it is bad though when you're in a cell phone dead zone and you have to go outside for reception where it is a 110 degrees and the yard guy is zipping by on a riding mower. I did manage to communicate enough with Angela James, the executive editor at Carina Press, to learn they had read my historical romance novella, Almost An Outlaw, and want to publish it. For all my old buddies out there, this is my "Jesse James" book.

The call is the moment when all the hard work that a writer has to put into a project becomes worthwhile. For me, it is great to know I've actually written a story, which stood on its on merit when read by total strangers at a publishing house. AWESOME!

9 comments:

Janie said...

Again, congrats! Keep writing. I love your new blog look and the pic with Jason! Awesome.

Carla Swafford said...

Congratulations, Patricia! I'm so glad you found a home for your story. Hugs.

Jenna Reynolds said...

Congrats, Patricia. That's awesome news!

Donna said...

Well CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know it Must be a thrill for you! What a wonderful way to celebrate the 4th!! Happy "Independance" Day sweetheart!!
hughugs

Patricia Preston said...

Thanks to all of you for stopping by and being supportive! I hope you have a happy and safe holiday.

Kelly Boyce said...

Congrats Patricia! That is such great news. I've been really impressed with Carina Press so far from everything I've heard. Wishing you much success!!

Mary said...

I HAD to post HERE!!! Congratulations on your EXCITING News!!!

Crystal said...

Belated congrats, Patricia, on getting the Call! I'm so happy for you!

Patricia Preston said...

Thanks, Crystal!! Good to hear from you!