Saturday, June 13, 2009

Delirious

What can I say except that I am thrilled at having a Saturday free. For the first time in over two months, I did not have to paint, hang wallpaper, scrub, cook or rush around in stores looking for stuff I needed. It's like I don't know what to do with myself.

I started with my neglected blogs. I decided to post on this blog only since I barely have time for one blog much less two. I thought about importing my old posts but I was skeptical of trying that so I think they will stay where they are. I also made the blog my homepage on my laptop. I find I get distracted when MSN pops up and I start reading different articles. I'm trying to curtail some of that.

Okay, so the house is pretty much done for now. I love the kitchen as the new wallpaper brightened it up a lot. Also, I really like the "crackle" film I put on the kitchen window so I could take down the mini-blind. It lets in lots of light and I put a couple of sun-loving plants in the window. I want to get some herbs. I have photos but they are on another computer so I'll have to post them later. Of course, I'm still planning on trying to sell the house. Then, I can buy another one and start all over!!!

My son and his fiancee were here last weekend. We had a great visit and a busy time. His aunts gave them a reception/shower last Sunday. It was good to see everyone. At least, this time it wasn't at a funeral. They left on Wednesday and I was happy they got home before the bad weather set in here. So, I will see them again in September for the wedding.

So, now, that I've got all stress and this work behind me, I plan to enjoy the next couple of months. I have my historical novella finished and I need to get it submitted. I have a couple of projects that I want to get started on. One is a short story called Laid To Rest. I don't have a premise yet and I can't write the story without one. I'm debating whether or not to go back to my outlaw book. I may take a look at it. Now that I've been away from it for a while, maybe I can be more objective.

This about wraps it for now. The weather is clearing. We've had storms all morning. If it continues to improve, I may get out some today.

1 comment:

Donna said...

SO glad your "back" sweetie! It IS hard to rangle 15 different sites and keep them interesting! BUT! I will follow where Ever you head out to!Hahaa..
Just enjoy yourself! Freedom! How nice! Happy week to you!!hughugs